Begin Your Journey: English For Beginners
Course Level: Beginning English
Course Length: 12 Weeks
Target Age: 5-9 years
Course Schedule/Frequency (Fall 2018)
R&D AEA entry-level English course, part I of III. This course is for students with little to no previous English exposure. The focus of this course is on building language foundation, encouraging alternative learning mediums, having fun, and inspiring students to work through challenges in their English journey.
By the end of the course, students should:
- Be prepared to enter the second series in this course
- Have a foundational understanding of English grammar
- Demonstrate understanding of simple written words and phrases using phonemic awareness, context, and visual clues.
- Write simple words and phrases using basic writing conventions.
Have a vocabulary of 50+ English words
- Count to 20 in English
- Demonstrate understanding of and appropriately respond to classroom instructions, questions about personal information, and other simple oral statements and questions
- Telling time
- Home Life
- School Life
- Personal Information
- Calendar (Days/Week/Month/Year)